Feature Story: The Irish CinderladThis is not your typical cinderella. In this story Cinderella is a fella. The Cinderella story remains the same even when the main character is a boy and the setting is in Ireland.
– If you have already read the Cinderella story to your child, and they understand the story, talk with them about what is the same in the Irish Cinderlad story and what is different.
– Bring out the map or globe to discuss where Ireland is. Where do you live? etc.
– Talk with your child about tattling. Why is this bad? When is this good?
– Talk with your child about sharing. Why is this good? When is this bad?
– Use your craft kits (clay, coloring, boxes, etc) to build or draw items from the story – cows, peddlers, castles, etc.
Source: Deborah Hill Gary, CBG